Thursday, Oct 14, 2021
8:30 AM - 3:30 PM (UTC)
Mental Health & Wellness
World Mental Health Day 2021
The event will run from 9:30am-4:30pm, however, you are welcome to join for all or part of the day.
The event is made up of 3 sessions:
- Exploring the value of IPS Practitioners using their personal experience in IPS Practice – a workshop lead by Rachel Perkins.
- Sharing the learning from the IPS Equality and Diversity Working Group – a workshop lead by Julia Stapleton.
- Sharing client and IPS staff recovery stories – a workshop lead by Paul Dorrington.
The full agenda and timings for the sessions will follow shortly.
- Rachel Perkins BA, MPhil (Clinical Psychology) PhD, OBE
Rachel Perkins has been involved in the development of employment programs for people experiencing mental health and related challenges for over 40 years. She lives and works with mental health challenges and has written and spoken widely on the recovery and social inclusion of people living with mental health challenges.
- Julia Stapleton, IPS Grow Lead, London
Julia started working for Social Finance and took on the role of IPS Grow Lead for London in March 2019. Julia has over 10 years direct IPS delivery experience gained in SouthWest London & St George's Trust and Balance social enterprise. With 2 years strategic management of pan disability community partners in the DWP.
- Paul Dorrington
IPS Team Leader, SW London, and St Georges MH Trust. Paul Dorrington is an award-winning vocational rehabilitation specialist, mental health recovery and corporate coach, keynote speaker, and NHS Lead.